My name is Misha Henshaw and I am an unlikely gardener. This may be a surprise to many as I am finishing a master’s degree in nutrition. Growing food, cooking food, eating food, all seem to go together right? Well, maybe not. Not if you’re me. And not if you have had as many previous lives as I have had. So come along on my adventure as I dive headlong into organic gardening this season and together we will celebrate nutrition in this season and all seasons!
One of my happiest memories from high school was walking the 2 miles home from school with a friend. We would rant about school, the looming financial aid challenges of college, and boys. We were both going to major in nutrition. And then life happened. I became an accountant. The why and how of me becoming an accountant is a whole other blog, but I did. I finished college, got a job, paid my bills, bought a house, worked in a cubicle. And while I had a lot of amazing adventures, I forgot about food. I forgot about the joy of picking beans and tomatoes in our family’s garden growing up. I lost touch with the seasons and with how to truly nurture myself.
Flash forward to this spring. A lot has happened. I have rediscovered food and vegetable gardens. But now I want to really know how to garden properly. Not just stumbling around in the dirt with a shovel and slug bait. As entertaining as that can be, it may not result in the most tasty of arugula! Growing nutrition should be fun – and I would love to have your company as I head out the door into the dirt with my shovel.
Misha I love your intro! I hear you talking to me as I read it. :)
ReplyDelete